Friday, December 30, 2011

LaLa Life 45

A photo a week in the life of LaLa Photography, using various photographic mediums

Week 45



As a person, I am all about being inspired and positive. Both help me immensely in all aspects of my life, including my photography work. Inspiration can be found in the most unlikely places and in this instance, the most unassuming of people.

LaLa Photography recently covered Australian Trade College of WA's class of 2011 graduation ceremony. One of the attendees at the graduation ceremony was Dr. Tony Buti, MLA for Armadale, as pictured in this week's LaLa Life.

During his address to the graduating class, teachers and board members, Dr. Buti had revealed that he had literally just come off a plane some few hours earlier from New York to attend the graduation. The purpose for his trip to New York was to participate in the renowned New York Marathon. 

Upon further investigation, I discovered that while Dr. Buti was a seasoned runner, he would train by running from Armadale to Parliament House once a week (which is a good 30km) and 10km every other day. His efforts to train for the marathon all had a purpose; he was raising money for Amnesty International, while his co-runner and former law colleague Kate Offer was raising money for World Vision.  Each runner had a target of raising $10,000 for their nominated charity in the lead up to the marathon. 

Firstly, I was inspired by Dr. Buti's outstanding work ethic; I mean, the first thing I want to do after a flight is go straight to my bed rather than go to a graduation ceremony! 

However it was Dr. Buti's dedication to training and running for the New York Marathon for charity that I was most inspired by. It has certainly encouraged me to think about what I can give back to the greater community. 

In my line of work, I am privilege to work with such amazing people, all of whom I draw inspiration from. Whether it is something one has said, the stories one tells me about their life, or even just their presence; I am spoilt for choice in where and who I can draw inspiration from. In this instance, it was a local politician. (Who would of thought? I certainly didn't!) 



No comments:

Post a Comment